Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 18

Today was our family picnic. Well let me rephrase that, our family gathering. So our cross culture team gave us some money to have a picnic but it was not nearly enough to have a good picnic for all of our family members. SO we decided to have a fruit party. We had our LCF go to UB and gather them up for us. We had watermelon, grapes, apples, dried apricots, dates, peaches, plums, nectarines, and bananas. It was AWESOME. We really don’t get to see any of these fruits in our little town so it was really great to be able to do this for our family. So we cut up everything and had a whole spread for everyone. We had a great turn out. I think everyone really enjoyed himself or herself.
Afterwards Shar and I went on a walk around town. We went over to Ashley’s ger and hung out for a bit then I came back home. When I got home I realized I missed out on the first 15 minutes of the nightly soap opera that my family watches. It really is actually a good show…I know this because it has English sub tittles! Anywho tonight for dinner I had pasta tossed in mayo with cucumbers with some Mantel. Mantel is essentially a doughy biscuit.
Then, I was hanging out in my ger after dinner when my folks came in. They do this about once a week just to hang out in my ger, which is fine with me. So we are sitting around listening to some of my music and my Dad asks to see my camera to look at pictures. We look through them and afterwards I ask them what they are doing tomorrow. Typically Mondays we teach English to adults so I wanted to find out if they wanted to come. However I found out that my Dad was going to the hospital. I was shocked; I didn’t think he was sick. So I asked what was wrong. They told me he was fine but he was tired. So I picked up my rock that I picked up on my way home, thanks to a dog who tried to come after me, and gave it to him. He thought this was the funniest thing ever. (When at the family picnic they made me hold a hot rock and told me it was so I wouldn’t get tired) We were all laughing so hard, I have never seen him and my mom laugh so hard. Anywho, I told my mom I was a Psychology major during school and asked what was wrong….she told me he was fine. Just tired. I am still curious as to what this means, but he is supposed to go there for 8 days to rest.

P.S. The cutest thing happened tonight. When my family was leaving my ger to go to sleep, I gave my little sister a hug goodnight. Not only did she return it but she also gave me a kiss!! It was the cutest thing ever. I feel like I am apart of the family for sure now!

No comments:

Post a Comment