Friday, June 4, 2010

On my way!!!

June 4, 2010

AHHHH!!! I am in the airport in San Fran and I am waiting for my plan to Seoul!! Yesterday I arrived in San Fran and was in meetings all day long for what is called staging. It was a really long day but it was fabulous to meet everyone that will be traveling to Mongolia with me. I was really shock to see just how many people are actually coming! I was expecting 30ish people but come to find out there is about 80 of us going together! Just meeting everyone was a huge relief because I feel like we all have the same things going through our heads. I feel like we are already family.

After staging we went out for our last meal in America. There were eight in my little group. We went out for burgers and fries. I think I enjoyed my love for mustard for the last time…it was awesome. After that we went back to the hotel. I finished up packing my things. I needed to do some rearranging because when I got to the hotel earlier that day I literally collapsed into the lobby. Seriously it was ridiculous. To say the least I needed to rearrange then I went to bed. Our day started really early this a.m. Gathering everyone for the airport was an adventure in its self. Come to find out it was just us volunteers going to the airport. No technical leaders just us. Once arriving to the airport going through the line to check our bags took a tad bit. When I finally got to the guy one of my bags was exactly 50 lbs BUT my other bag was like 62lbs!!! From my rearranging last night and I guess my bag grew…IDK* So I stood there trying to continue to rearrange. I ended up attaching my sleeping bag, air mattress, and TWO pair of shoes to the outside of my bag. Lets just say my shoulders already hurt from the weight. But it will all be worth it! Oh funny story when I went through security the lady took one look at me and was like Where are YOU going??? I laughed. Anywho I just had bfast. Now I have about 50 minutes till I board the plane to South Korea! Going to get my last cup of coffee.

Love,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment